Sunday, February 12, 2012

Answers to 11 random Question About Me


Thanks to Rachel Morgan for tagging me to answer these great questions as part of the Writer Campaign. I'm having so much fun meeting the writers participating in this campaign!

1. Describe yourself in one word.
Hmm...That's a tough one. The first thing that came to mind was crazy. But I'll go with "adventurous".

2. What was your favourite book as a child?
A beautiful illustrated book of fairy tales (they were in Russian but I belive they were by the French Charles Perrault).

3. eBooks or paper books?
Another toughie. I love the feel of paper books, but I  have switched to mostly ebooks mostly to save space. Now I'm hooked on them. But occasionally I still love to pick up a paper book.

4. If you could go back in time and change one thing in your life, what would it be?
I would be more extroverted in high school and college. I didn't learn to be more extroverted until I finished college and it gave me more self-confidence in myself.

5. What song is currently stuck in your head?
Adele's Fire to the Rain

6. What fictional character do you most resemble?
I've been told I resemble Baby from Dirty Dancing as far as my appearance lol
As far as my personality, I think Margarita from Master and Margarita - she wasn't afraid to take risks, become a witch and do anything to save her love Master :)

7. If you could have any super power, what would you choose?
Reading minds. But not all the time. I would want to switch it on and off as I need. Also, I would love to be a shifter.

8. What is your favourite quote?
I'm a big quote person, and have lots of quotes that I love. I'll give you three here:

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Mahatma Gandhi

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. ~Mark Twain

Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price. ~Sun Tzu


9. Are you a full-time writer or do you have some other day job?
As much as I would love to be a full-time writer, I do have a day job as well. I work with a database in a large university. I also teach the women's classes at my hubby's dojo (karate school) three times a week.

10. Which book would you pick up first: awesome cover or super cool title?
Awesome cover. I know, I know...but hey, that's the first thing that attracts us :)

11. Cream or ice-cream?
Ice-cream. Vanilla.

If you'd like to read 7 random facts about me, you can find them here.

Now here are my 11 questions followed by the writers I tagged:

1. If you could only go visit one place in the world, where would you go?
2. Do you think you're more of an introvert or an extrovert?
3. Do you prefer to be cold or hot (if there's no in between).
4. If you have to give a lecture on a topic of your choice, what would it be?
5. Rock climbing or sky diving?
6. Would you ever consider writing a memoir?
7. If you could go back in time and talk to one person from the past, who would it be?
8. If you could turn into one animal, what animal would it be?
9. What is your dream job?
10. What are your two favorite shows on TV right now?
11. What is your favorite mythological creature?

*I checked a few of those who were tagged and posted their own questions, and I tried not to duplicate their tags, but in case you were doubled tagged, please feel free to just add these to the other ones and combine in one post if you'd still like to answer these questions.  :)

A. E. Martin
Tina Moss
Heather McCorkle
Stephany Simmons
Julia King
Patricia Marques
Elise Fallson
Southpaw
Jessica Therrien
Anstice Potts
Natasha Hanova

Can't wait to read your answers. Go forth and tag :)

15 comments:

  1. Good answers, except I can't stand Adele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun, and I've been tagged! Love those quotes, the one by Sun Tzu is one of my favs too. I'll answer these tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super happy to have been tagged. I will answer your questions this week sometime on my blog. I will let you know when I do! :) BTW: I work full-time at a University as well. Gotta love the day job, eh? Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your answers! It's really interesting: your answer to number 4 (about what you would change if you could go back) is very similar to my answer when someone gave me that question on my blog once! I said I would want to have more fun in my first year at university. I was also too introverted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got done answering your questions! That was a lot of fun, thanks!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Perrault fairy tales. Also, I think if I had to describe you in one word, I'd say free-spirited. Ok, so I added a hyphen. I don't know why, but it feels like it describes you best. :)

    I also got tagged twice, so I will save your questions for another post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been tagged again! I enjoyed learning more about you.

    Master and Margaret is an awesome book. The whole manuscript burning thing still makes she shudder. After all that hard work… And the part where Margaret sits while an endless line of people come to touch her foot was done so well I still cringe at the thought.

    I'll post answers to your questions next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tina, I like that...free-spirited :D Thanks!
    Sorry you got tagged again, another post sounds great.

    Natasha,I'm always to happy to meet others who love Master and Margarita! Interestingly enough, M. Bulgakov had another, unfinished version of Master and Margarita called "Manuscripts Don't Burn." I agree, the whole concept of burning a manuscript is scary.

    Looking forward to reading your answers!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tag Yelena! Will be sure to post my answers on my next post \O/

    7. If you could have any super power, what would you choose?
    Reading minds. But not all the time. I would want to switch it on and off as I need. Also, I would love to be a shifter.


    A shifter *_* would be EPIC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tag, you asked some really good questions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patricia, looking forward to reading your answers :)

    A.E., just read your post with answers - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello from the Campaign! I just realized today (thanks to the comments on someones blog) that there was an Urban Fantasy section, which led me to you! I have never participated in the Campaign before, but it sure seems like it's going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lara, nice to meet you! It's also my first time participating and it's already a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah ha! I've found the source of all the people who have tagged me recently. It was awesome getting to know you better.

    I gave you a shout-out on my blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha...Thanks David! I appreciate the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...