Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday Art & History Feature - The Art of Alexandra Miron + Interview

Give Me Wings to Fly. Pencil. By Alexandra Miron
 As you know, I'm always on the lookout for artists that awe and inspire me. In the past year, I have joined many art FB groups and forums, and had the pleasure of meeting many incredible artists. One of these is a remarkable young lady, Alexandra Miron. It is such a pleasure to have Alexandra on the blog today! I will let her answer a few questions and then I hope you enjoy some of her work. She primarily draws in pencil and pen. Enjoy!

When did you start drawing?
I started when I was 10 or 11, I was spending the summer holidays at my grandparents and I was drawing from some history books. But I stopped drawing for a while and 3 years ago when I joined deviantart, I started to dedicate more time to drawing.

Did you have instruction somewhere and did you learn on your own?
When I was 11-12 I went to some drawing classes, then at 22 I was thinking to study art in the university (I studied first foreign languages: Portuguese and Greek, in 2007 I earned my degree) so I took 3 or 4 classes, but then I took a study scholarship in Greece, so again I gave up on drawing. And in 2010 I ended up in Cyprus. Since then I am working in a 4 star hotel as a receptionist and I draw in the mornings, before I go to work (most of the time I work from 15 to 23 hours, late shift) and I work 6 days a week, so not too much time for drawing. 

Autoportrait. Pencil

What is your inspiration?
My inspiration...I study on my own history of art...I admire all the artists, and I admit I am not too much into modern art...I mean, I love romantic, Gothic, renaissance, baroque, romantique, neoclassicist, impressionist and symbolic art...but the 1900's art...not a huge fan, although there are a few like Tamara de Lempicka or Dali that I like... 

What are the media that you draw/paint with?
I draw in pencil, using between 2 and 8B, and lately, I am trying to master the ballpoint pen.

What advice would you give to aspiring artists?
My advice to aspiring artists would be: hard work and don't give up on your dreams.  




Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings. Pencil

Lucrezia Borgia from the show The Borgias. Pencil.

The Crown

Daenerys from the show The Game of Thrones. Pencil

Edward Scissorhand. Pencil

The Trapped series in ballpoint pen.


Madonna. Pencil

A pencil study after Michelangelo.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...